1) How long can I keep a skip for ?
21 days is the normal hire period, however we
won't collect the skip without informing you first.
2) How much notice do I need to give before
delivery or exchange of a skip ?
The morning before the preferred day of delivery is
ideal, if you know before this then you can still
book with us, the earlier the better.
3) What type of materials can I put in my skip ?
The list is vast, have a look at our terms and
conditions it will tell you what you cannot put in, if
you are still unsure call our sales team for advice.
4) Do I have to keep materials seperate or can I
put everything in one skip ?
All our skips come back to our Waste Transfer
Station for segregation and recycling, feel free to
mix the waste.
5) Can the skip drivers position a skip over my
if the wall is low then normally yes, however
beware we are not responsible for any damage
caused as we are acting on your instructions. We
would suggest you are on site to supervise the
6) What size skip do you think I need ?
Almost impossible to answer, if you click on the
skip icons, measurements are listed to give you
an idea of the sizes. Remember though 6 yard
skips are the largest you can use for soil and
7) Can I put a skip on the road ?
With the council's permission yes you can, we
apply for the road permit have a look in the road
permit section it will explain the procedure
8) Will the lorry fit in my drive ?
Have a look at the our vehicles icon, it details the
width and length of our lorries, if you need further
help call our sales team.
9) Can I put boards up the side of my skip ?
No, we call these "greedy boards", all loads must
be level. The company and the drivers can
be prosecuted for unsafe loads.
10) Can I burn the waste in my skip ?
No, definately not, this is a contravention of the
Fire Safety Guidelines and can damage the skip
and paintwork. You will be liable for any costs
incurred for the replacement or repair of the
11) What happens to my waste once you collect
We operate our own Waste Transfer Station in
Poole, we recycle as many materials as
possible, have a look in the recycling section, the
materials and the processes involved are listed.